Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mission: Organziation...Simply

As I sit here pondering why my clock has been geared up to hyper-speed, my plans for the last week of the break are to set myself up to finally be organized (after the jaunt to Vegas, of course). My solution to chaos, in the past, has been to take on "one more thing" -- somehow thinking that the added pressure will force me into increased productivity. It has generally worked in the past, but I'm finding that my energy and creativity reserves are dangerously compromised anymore. My goal is to simplify; do less and, hopefully, do it better. ...at home and in the library.

This year I am going to set up a new planner system. I have stumbled upon a great, new resource to help jumpstart my organization mission -- I hope that you will find it useful, too.

In this marvelous world of evolution to open-source productivity tools, this is exactly what I need for the New Year. There's tools for everything from health, work, and creativity, all the way to special projects, scrapbooking, time management, and technology.
The D*I*Y Planner is a system of do-it-yourself, printable forms in several different sizes and layouts for professional and personal use. This system was created and is maintained by Douglas Johnston, and it is released under the terms of a Creative Commons Non-Commercial No-Derivatives License.

Here's to a new year of productivity (and simplification)!

Photo attribution: http://www.flickr.com/photos/akearns72/2143598133/

1 comment:

Linda Stewart said...

Organization! What a novel concept. I am a list maker, if I lose my lists all is lost. I made my annual purchase of a day planner and filled in the slots on it and my home calendar on New Years day (as is my ritual). I am going to also try to be more productive and organized. I liked all the options on this web site for downloading templates. Here’s to 2008 and being organized.