Thursday, December 20, 2007

Flip Video Camera


We just ordered a Flip Video Camera for the library. Luckily, I'll be able to try it over the break and practice using it. According to the description on Amazon, it sounds great. Ideas for use? ...video for blogs, presentations, student creations for projects, direct play to TV, website video, library marketing video. It could be a relatively inexpensive, easy-to-use alternative to the video cameras for student use. It is self-contained, with it's own software, USB arm, and boasts easy uploading, editing, sharing, and archiving. I'll keep you posted as to what we think...

There's also a query on Flickr for reviews from people using the Flip as well as several reviews on Amazon.

4 comments:

Holli said...

This sounds so cool and easy and well, I want one! I can't wait to see the pictures you take over the break. Especially indoor shots. If they are "killer", I want to know!

Bud Hunt said...

Let me know how that Flip's working out - I want to get my hands on one, too, if it works as I think it will. Only had a short time to demo one.

clerks a rockin said...

Hi Myra, I would like to look at this camera more. It looks like a good value for the money. When you show it off in class one of these days I might be able to figure out how we could use it here at SCSS.

Kim said...

I'd be interested in knowing how the camera is working out as well. Kim