Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The World Just Got a Lot Smaller

As I ponder the possibilities in 2008, my first task is to let go of the remorse for things left undone in 2007. On the bright side, my to-do list is already populated for the new year. As I look forward to the new year, I am excited about the prospects -- and all of those prospects all revolve around education – more precisely, learning. My learning journey.

I am 54 years old and I feel like I’m just entering a new realm…again. The world continues to shrink – I am amazed that I can participate in world conversations via the Internet. My goals, this year, are to become an active participant in that world and create some personal learning networks. But, I won’t go alone. I plan on taking lots of people with me, as this is too big of a thing to keep to oneself.

Learning is my keyword for 2008. Not just my own, but I am fortunate enough to be in education – not as a teacher, but as one who can influence. Maybe that's even better.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Myra,
You are influencing. Everytime you interact with a student you influence their thinking-it just may not be evident right away. I look to your blog for recommendations for Matt. He just finished I am legend and now I know what to get him hooked on next! Keep up the great work!