Monday, February 4, 2008

ILL Checkin

Good morning, Everyone! I'm just doing an update to the issue that I brought up at the last MC meeting. Lynn was nice enough to run a test with me and I found that when she returned to me the book that was ILL'd to her...I checked it in, but the CI window came up with no text in it. When I rescanned the barcode, I got a "this book wasn't checked out" error window. However, when I checked the barcode in the system, it showed "shelving cart". So, even though the first scan produced no text in the CI window, the book actually had been categorized properly. My suggestion is that instead of having a blank window show up on first scan, have it show "shelving cart" as it does with any other checked in book.

Have a great day, Ladies! Kim

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Good to know! Thank you!

clerks a rockin said...

I played with it differently this afternoon. I had not thought of using the change location on the pull down menu to play around with this. I used Ann and her school to check a book out to her, then change to her school and check it in, then different ways to send it back to me. I wish I found the answer, but what I am finding through this process, is that you only get the transit screen on the first part of the shipping and checking in. On sending it back with either no name attached or attaching a name I only got a standard check in message. I would love a few others to play with it this way. It saves a lot of time from physically sending the book. Let me know.......
Myra, we have a blog item we can all use!!!