Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Flicker Frustration

I have decided to trust Flickr and have begun to upload my many, many pictures from my documents files. What I am getting frustrated with is the slowness of this program. So far I can only load 6 at a time. This is too labor intensive when you have tons. Has anyone found an easier way to download more at a time? Also, Flickr only is set up with three "sets". Surely they jest. How can anyone have but three identifiers. I understand the tag vs set but I don't see using the tags as I would use the sets. Can anyone help me?

3 comments:

MyraG said...

I put an answer on your blog.

Holli said...

Myrag,
Can you share with me too? After losing most of the tech fair photos from last year, I am trying to put everything there also and finding the same frustration.

MyraG said...

Unfortunately, free = limited. You are limited to only 3 sets with the free account.

"When you have a free Flickr account, you can upload 100MB worth of photos each calendar month. This is a bandwidth limit, and not an amount of space that you have on Flickr servers.

Your bandwidth allowance is reset to zero at midnight in Pacific Time Zone (Flickr headquarters time) on the first of each calendar month. You can't recover any of your monthly allowance by deleting photos. If you have a free account, you'll see your limit on the upload page.

If you find yourself hitting your limit, try a Pro account. Or, you can shoot your photos at a lower resolution or resize them to be more "web-friendly" (like 300KB instead of 5MB)." http://www.flickr.com/help/limits/#65
With a free account, you get:
*100 MB monthly upload limit (5MB per photo)
*3 sets
*Photostream views limited to the 200 most recent images
*Post any of your photos in up to 10 group pools
*Only smaller (resized) images accessible (though the originals are saved in case you upgrade later)
A PRO account is $24.95/year. You need to decide if you want to use it to that degree.
I'm lucky...I've been with Yahoo for more than 15 yrs, so I have a PRO account.