Friday, November 9, 2007

More on "The Other Boleyn Girl"

I was just going to add a comment to Linda's post about The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory, but I wanted to offer up some more information and links on the series.

First, I loved this book (thank you, Linda, for the recommendation) and I'm ready to read the next. I wasn't sure if the books were intended to be read in any particular order...so I went to the source, Philippa Gregory's website. The chonological order for Henry VIIIs Court history is: The Constant Princess, The Other Boleyn Girl, The Boleyn Inheritance, The Queen’s Fool, and The Virgin’s Lover. She has great information on her new book coming out next year, discussions on her current books, and even further research on characters!

Check out her new research on Mary Boleyn and her children. I, too, anxiously await the movie.

1 comment:

Holli said...

I am currently reading this. I broke down and bought it. It is a fantastic book. I am very familiar to that time period, but had not heard of Mary Boleyn. This book follows almost exactly the accepted historical timeline of her life. Very little embellishment has been used. Of course, this time period had so much material for any writer, little fiction is needed. If you have not read this book yet, run to your nearest library and check out a copy!